Thursday, September 2, 2010

NOAH + Aug 23 = KINDERGARTEN

Noah started kindergarten last monday! It went really great, the preperation and the drop off and the pick up! he was totally ready for school and was super excited which made it way better for me! He is in his second week at ICA and I still can't believe that he goes to school! He is so big and he just keeps getting bigger(older).
I am so proud of him, he has been such an incredible blessing!! He loves going to school and has been doing really well on all of his work! The only problem we have run in to is his ability to talk up a storm! lol He is aware now that he just can't talk and sing whenever he wants. Sitting down and being quite is something I believe, with God's grace, he can do! This week he got introuble monday for talking but since then no "worms"! Ok, let me explain this worm thing... Everyday they have an apple next to their name and if they get introuble(for whatever the reason) they get a worm in their apple. Three worms in one day is grounds for going to the principals office! My son got 2 worms last week and a worm this monday!So far it's only been one worm on the days that he has gotten one. And he only has gotten worms for talking, so we are workn on that. No worms since monday so far, so he is growing in this area !! He prays everyday about being obedient to the teacher and only talking when the time is appropriate, and he does this all on his own!

I really love him!


On the first day of school they had an assembly and I was able to stay for that! I was reminded how wonderful Iowa Christian Academy really is! There is nowhere I would rather him be during the day (at this age) while I am at work!
They started the school year with prayer, worship and God's word. I left the first day pumped that he was in a Christ centered invironment, even though it was still really hard for me to leave him. And really hard to fight jealousy towards Mrs. Carlson, cuz she gets to teach and spend time with my son- what I wanted to do.  Again, letting go of my desires and yeilding to what God has offered!
I was also reminded what great friends I have.  I was able to go through this next step in life with RACHEL HODGES, an incredible woman who loves and fears the Lord. Olivia, her daughter, is in Noah's class and the Lord has been sooo good to us! I called my friend Bo on my way to work and she let me cry on the phone, we acctually cried together, she loves us so much! :)


I am so excited for this new chapter in our lives. Please continue to pray for Noah and I!

Psalm 94:18-19 say, When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment