Tuesday, July 6, 2010

IOWA CHRISTIAN ACADEMY

To homeschool or not to homeschool, that was the question! 

My heart = to homeshool! Since I gave my life to the Lord and realized the importance of children... my desire was to homeschool Noah when he got to "that age". My plan was to work full time and homeschool at night. It worked really well for pre school(he was 3.5 at the time). I got everything I needed and one of my best friends, Keely Brill, helped me get everything ready and gave me great ideas. We did it everday for about 1 hr when I got home from work and it was wonderful! He did such a great job! And we continued to do school since this august since I got to stay home and care for my mom after her accident. 

Well, he's 5 now and ready for kindergarten! Kindergarten requires more time and energy. After praying about wether or not to homeschool and seaking Godly counsel I decided to not homeschool. With working full time and trying to teach my son and do ministry and be a mom... I woulnt have been able to give 100 percent. I cried for a month or more,i know... I had to put to death my plans and it was quit the grieving process!

I continued to pray over my options; Public School (affordable) or A private Christ Centered School (eek!$$). Proverbs 18 talks about not being a willing party to your childs death and since anything that is not about the Lord leads to death, he better have a Christ centered education and environment. Since I can't be with him during the day, I want him around people who LOVE the Lord. Though the Public School cost was attractive(and that noah wld go to the same elementary school that i did, and the loaction, and parents approval), I excersized faith that the Lord would provide for ICA. 



After the long process of : A TOUR, APPLICATION, MEET THE TEACHER, TESTING, WAITING, FAMILY INTERVIEW, NOAH'S INTERVIEW, WAITING... Noah is officially an ICA kindergarten student! PRAISE GOD!

Rachel Hodges and Her daugher Olivia went through this process with Noah and I. It is so great that I get to live life with them! God truly had his beautiful hand on all of this and oliva and noah will be in the same class! I can't wait to go school supply shopping with them! 

This whole thing is still kinda hard on me but it's really great having the Lord by my side and Rachel! I will blog on how the Lord provides for Noah's Christ Centered education! My parents are totally supportive now and my mom is even going to pick up Noah and Olivia after school for Rachel and me!

School starts the last week of August! Noah gets to wear a uniform, he's going to look so cute in that and carring his ICAtote bag! hehe
Please keep Noah and I in your prayers through this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment